Enrolling Your Child
If you are thinking about enrolling your child at TPS, we would suggest you book a walk-through tour with the Principal. The next tour is on Thursday 28 March 2024 – (4:00pm – 4:30pm). Please contact the office to book by phone 489 6339 or email email@example.com
*For International Student applications, please go to our ‘International’ page
IN ZONE Student Enrolments
Students whose usual place of residence is within the school zone have an automatic right of entry to the school. Parents of students who live within the school zone are invited to make your application 6 months before your child turns 5 years old, to assist the school to plan appropriately. Our friendly office team are always happy to help you with any of your enrolment enquiries.
Cohort Entry Policy
Takapuna Primary School has adopted a cohort entry policy which applies to 5 year olds (New Entrant enrolments) only. There are eight starting dates for 5 year olds during the year. Students can start school on a cohort entry date after their fifth birthday.
Please note that it is a legal requirement that a child is enrolled at a school from age 6. Therefore, if not already enrolled, a child can start school on their 6th birthday regardless of a school’s cohort entry policy, but must start school no later than their 6th birthday.
Term 1 2024
Cohort Entry Date: 02/02/24
Cohort Entry Date: 11/03/24
Term 2 2024
Cohort Entry Date: 29/04/24
Cohort Entry Date: 04/06/24
Term 3 2024
Cohort Entry Date: 22/07/24
Cohort Entry Date: 26/08/24
Term 4 2024
Cohort Entry Date: 14/10/24
Cohort Entry Date: 18/11/24
For zoning information: https://www.educationcounts.govt.nz/find-school?
How to enrol:
- Complete application click here
- Complete Vision & Hearing consent (below) and In Zone statement (if in zone)
- Provide the following documents:
-NZ Birth Certificate or NZ Passport (or Passport/Visa)
-Proof of Address (in zone ONLY – e.g. recent utility account plus tenancy or purchase agreement
- NB: rates/water are not accepted)
- Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org *PLEASE NOTE: ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE PROVIDED BEFORE THE ENROLMENT CAN PROCEED*
OUT OF ZONE Student Enrolments (includes siblings of current students)
Enrolment at Takapuna Primary School is governed by an enrolment scheme. Students living out of zone who wish to attend the school must apply to enrol when there is a ballot, for which they are eligible. This includes siblings of current students, who must also apply for entry through the ballot system.
OUT OF ZONE Application for Enrolment procedure:
- Parents complete the application above (“how to enrol”) by the ballot closing date. Please continue with the proceedures under “how to enrol”
- If required, on the ballot date, the ballot is drawn under the supervision of a Justice of the Peace, a practicing lawyer, a sworn member of the Police or a local Government returning officer.
- The names are pulled out of the ballot and a waiting list is created if there are more names in the ballot than spaces available.
- Successful families are advised by email within 3 days of the ballot being drawn and must confirm acceptance in writing of the place offered within 14 days. If confirmation is not received within 14 days, the offer is forfeited and then offered to the first applicant on the wait-list.
- Unsuccessful families are advised by email within 3 days of the ballot being drawn.
From time to time the Board may decide to hold an additional ballot – if so, this would be advertised in the school newsletter, the North Shore Times and on the website.
- 1st Priority will be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in an approved special programme. This priority category is not applicable at Takapuna Primary School.)
- 2nd Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- 3rd Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- 4th Priority will be given to applicants who are children of former students of the school.
- 5th Priority will be given to applicants who are children of Board employees and Board members.
- 6th Priority will be given to all other applicants.
If you would like more information about out-of-zone enrolments, please contact our Office Manager – email@example.com