Kia ora! Welcome to the Takapuna Primary School Board
At the heart of Takapuna Primary School (TPS), our dedicated team celebrates the vibrant journey of learning and growth of our tamariki. A big mihi to our extraordinary kaimahi (staff) for nurturing and guiding our young learners in achieving their academic and personal goals.
Our students, the heartbeat of our school, embody our values with pride, excelling in various fields, including academics, sports, and the arts. 2023 has been a remarkable year of achievements, with the success of our school show etc.
With the onset of the 2023-2026 board term, we’ve welcomed fresh faces and ideas, building upon the legacy of our predecessors. Our board members, a mix of passionate community members, staff, and parents of current or former students, are devoted to enhancing TPS’s journey. Discover more about us in our individual bios.
In 2024, we look to actively support school investment and enhance opportunities for learners and families, that align with the school’s strategic and annual plans.
Our Board’s Structure & Committees
Our board functions through a blend of full board and committee meetings, leveraging the expertise of our members for efficient governance. While committees focus on specific areas, the full board makes all final decisions.
- The Personnel Committee: Partners with the Senior Leadership Team to oversee employment matters and attract top-notch staff for our school.
- Te Ao Māori Committee: This committee is integral in guiding the incorporation of Te Ao Māori and Te Reo Māori into our daily school life, ensuring our commitment to these vital aspects of New Zealand’s heritage and Ti Tiriti ō Waitangi.
- Property Committee: Works on property management and future planning, including developing long-term plans in line with Ministry of Education guidelines.
- Health and Safety Committee: Ensures a safe and healthy environment for our tamariki and staff, maintaining rigorous health and safety standards and practices.
- Policies and Procedures Committee: Manages the updating and reviewing of our school policies, utilising SchoolDocs for a structured review process.
- Finance Committee: Offers financial oversight and guidance, ensuring responsible management of the school’s budget and finances.
- Revenue Committee: Overseas fundraising, in partnership with the SCG, and manages leveraging of the school’s assets to raise funds to support better outcomes for our tamariki.
We are always on the lookout for people who can support the school Board, either by joining on an ongoing basis and/or supporting specialist pieces of work or projects. If you would like to know more about getting involved, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org